Sunday 24 July 2011

Motivational Monday

Interestingly, just sharing yesterday that I had lost my motivation seems to have scared it into coming back. Wish that worked everytime, but I know from experience it doesn't.

Today I have managed to stay on top of my work, despite a cold (COLD) morning I managed to get my kids to kindy (almost) on time, and have done Zumba too.

Now to not get smokes :-S

I have slightly failed there lately, and we bought several packets recently, and I tell you what, its hard to maintain the "Quitting" vibe in those circumstances. If they are there, I will smoke them, and to start with if they weren't there I didn't miss them, but now I am. I must resist temptation. I can get back to not missing them again if I stick to it. I hope.

Trouble is there were so many little things in my habit that felt good. Apart from the nicotine kick. It gave me several REAL breaks from my kids on a daily basis, I would not expose my children to the smoke, I went outside and shut the door. Pure silence. I read my book, or drew a house design (because I do that for fun)

Not smoking has meant I am not actually reading anymore. I miss it. I really miss reading. I am not drawing houses as much. I dont miss that quite so much. I miss my kiddie breaks.

I could (and really should) start reading at night before I go to sleep, but I usually take my computer to bed instead and play sims (AKA grown up barbie dolls) or watch something on demand etc. Believe me, sim's puts me to sleep like nothing else, and if I don't find some way to completely shut my brain off, I am up all night long. Sedatives don't help, they work for maybe two days, then I need two sedatives etc.

For a long time I used to record my day in a journal, plan tomorrow, and then read and fall asleep over my book, but I no longer do that, I want to, but I have somehow blocked myself from it. My computer, however is telling me that the cooling system is broken and to send it in for a service, so perhaps this is a good time to break that habit, but then when do I get to play sims??? *cries* I do love sims.

So this wasn't really very motivational, good processing for me, but I want to share something that motivates me on a Monday; so heres a website I use fairly often and is extremely helpful towards maintaining your house, I often do the mini-challanges on my lunch break and I love that they can send it all to your email, keeps you going. Miss a day here and there, and for about a year I ignored her completely but I am slowly getting back into her. Here she is:

http://www.flylady.net/

Thats my piece of motivation to share for this week :-)

xx The Ramblings of Another Mother

1 comment:

  1. Site looks good :) I'll be using it that's for sure :D

    ReplyDelete