Tuesday 5 July 2011

Interesting.

Reading about low calorie foods that fill you up, as I am attempting to lose 15 kg by xmas (at which point I will put the lot back on, in a day... mmmm ham and champagne breakfast!!) so I have joined this website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and I am now only allowed 1540 calories a day. This is brand new to me, I have NEVER counted calories in my life before. In fact I have never dieted before. But then I have also never been 76 Kgs before either. At least that I know of.... apart from when I was pregnant when I think I weighed more than an elephant.

Anyways, so sticking to this is proving VERY difficult. I am a snacker, a grazer and I eat a lot while I sit at my desk working. Since quitting smoking I am also eating breakfast, and thought it was not too bad really, till I added the calories and found out it was over 300!!! THREE HUNDRED thats pretty much a good 3rd of my calorie quota for the day :-S No.

So I have made several little changes, such as only 1 sugar in my coffees now, and halving the amount of butter I put on my toast, and thats helped, but with exercise I still seem to be coming in at just under my calorie quota (any exercise I do apparently earns me more calories I can eat, and to me thats not REALLY the point.)

And I'm hungry. Well no I'm not exactly hungry, but I want to EAT its so odd, its like theres a little switch going off in my brain saying "Now that you are thinking about your calorie intake, you must eat!" its proving a very difficult battle. I am not happy at all.

So now I am on a mission to find low calorie meals that are filling. I refuse to never have foods I love, I believe in allowing a little of what we love, but I want to CHANGE what I eat so that it fits better with my new "healthy me" routine.

AND WINE!!!! (both WHINE and WINE!!!!) I love and adore wine, its my sanity, and now I no longer smoke its one of my only sanitys, and one glass of my fave wine is like 400 calories??? THATS NOT FAIR MAN!!! I am very grumpy that wine has so many calories :-S

Once I have lost my 15 kg I am pretty happy to stop counting calories and just maintain my exercise routines to maintain my weight, but until then I am battling myself and struggling to find alternatives. The few I have found that appeal to me are:

Popcorn
A can of fruit (thats quite a good one, lots of food, eff all calories)
Healthy muffins, with lots of fibre in.

I have to stop eating biscuits *cry* I love biscuits.

At least I don't bake mountains of yummy things that tempt me, I used to, and somehow I was a skinny wee thing. How did I do that??? Oh yeah, I had one child, and the food all got packed for lunches and I didnt really get to eat that much.

So I came across this website too:

http://www.breakfast-eaters.org.nz/

which has a bunch of good ideas for breakfast, one of which is a baked potato. I'm sorry, I cannot cope with that at all, a baked potato for BREAKFAST????

That is not a breakfast food.... it makes me feel quite anxious at the thought of eating a baked potato for breakfast.

Another of the ideas in there is to wrap a banana in a piece of bread for breakfast on the run. Ew. Not my taste.

So anyway Thursday weigh in. Day of truth, has my half-hearted effort to count calories and my whole hearted effort to do lots of exercise paid off? Stay tuned.

xx The Ramblings of Another Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment