Thursday 14 July 2011

A letter to my children

Dear Rockchick, Cheekylala and Bankyboo,


I have to get up by 7 am at the latest every day, often after getting up to at least one of you sometime during the night. I tidy the house and neatly put away all the toys to have my efforts immediately wasted without a thank you, or even a second glance. I no longer go to the toilet in silence, as you walk in and have a look down there to see whats happening. I listen to inane nonsense all day, and screeching. I break up violent arguments and I often have a headache by bedtime. I deal with multiple smells, messes and sickness. And I love every minute of it. Even when I hate it.


I love waking up in the morning to Morning mummy! And I love kissing you goodnight. I love listening to your storys, and your new words, and I love listening to your laughter. I love being your mother.


Sometimes I think ahhh one day you will all move out... then I think, but then all my kids will have moved out.... which makes me sad.


Sometimes I think FECK OFF!!! and then I think, please feel free to bring me anything, anytime, I am your mother, I want you to feel safe with me.


Sometimes I think not now! Then I think yes now... always now. Just in 5 minutes?


Sometimes I think, DONT PLAY WITH THOSE!!! I just put them away!!! But I know that I have made it possible for you to re-discover those toys, I have given you a safe and clean environment to explore, and heck, PLAY WITH THE TOYS! That way you will not bug me!!! 


But just now... I am extremely sick of opening the Mr and Mrs potato head butts and reconnecting their butt flaps.... if you do not stop bringing them to me every 25 seconds i am going to run the fricken things over with my car!!! 


But then I love knowing that you are discovering something new, I may not know what, but something is being figured out and that is very special.


Cheekylala: I love the game your playing coming to say goodbye to each of us in turn and kissing us. I love how you love to try and find the meaning or answer of things. 


Bankyboo: I love watching you walk a little more every day, I love the way you mummy everything in the house, and I love your laughter. I love the way you count, and I love the way you stand up for your corner. 


Rockchick: I love your inquisitiveness, and your conversation. I love your snuggles and I love how you encourage me, the way I encourage you. I love how you are naturally nice, and do not join in when someone is being laughed at.


Love from mummy.


xx The Ramblings of Another Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment