Tuesday 28 June 2011

midnight maddness

I was woken at 2am a few mornings ago (in the middle of the night, when I have no sense of time, its always 2 am) by the following noise:

MUUUUHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was Rockchick, I called back, what?

"murmer mumble, ear, murmer, mumber..."

HUH??? No chance then, I have to get up. I get in there and make my sleepy way to her bedroom.

"What?"

"My earring is stuck on my pillow."

Ok this calls for light.

Once the lights on, I see little Rockchick is indeed attached to her pillow. Its one of those fluffy ones, and some of the fluff is wrapped around her earring. In the attempt to get a closer look I am rewarded with screaming and small hands attempting to cover the offensive area.

I finally decide to go get scissors to cut the fluff so I can then at least see and unhook it. So I go off to get some.

I don't know if you have ever tried to look for scissors at 2 in the morning, but they are extremely difficult to find. Put together mental sleepiness with finding something that is usually missing at the best of times. I finally looked in the kids pens box and found a pair of kiddy ones in there, and chopped away the offending pillow from Rockchicks ear. The fluff immediately disappear so I happily tuck her back in.

"Night night, Darling"

"Night night Mummy"

Sometimes I fantasise about an alarm service along the lines of:

"Hello, you have reached Mummy (daddy), she is not available to take your scream in the middle of the night right now, please try again at 7am. Thank you, Goodbye."


But then I would lose some rather amusing stories!

xx The Ramblings if Another Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment