Monday 6 June 2011

Its lucky they are so damn cute.

Kids waste shit dont they?

I mean. sometimes I think why do I bother going to all the trouble of supermarket shopping, then come home and put it all away, and then cooking and preparing and slaving to create gourmet perfection meals with the nutritional values up the wazzoo and present my three beautiful children with their dinners to have it whole heartedly rejected.

Why dont I just take the grocery money and flush it down the loo?

The funny thing is, this is annoying me more since I gave up smoking. Now that we have MORE money (since we  are no longer basically smoking money every week) and yet now I have this thing that we should SAVE more money. So every time one of the twins chucks dinner/lunch/breakfast on the floor I am thinking "thats another ten bucks on the floor we could have put into the savings account"

Ok breakfast is probably worth about two dollars fifty.

Laughing at myself here.

Why do I bother spending all that time putting their books up neatly and tidying their toys away nicely?

I got up this morning, after having spent several hours yesterday doing a big clean up, mopping vacuuming, tidying, dusting. Ok maybe not the dusting. Folding and washing and straightening. Houseworking.

And this morning we left the house at nine to go for a long walk. My kids had been up for two hours but it didnt take them anywhere near that long to destroy my efforts. My living room is now a dragons lair of books blocks clothes and toys.

Why do I bother doing all the work in the first place?

So basically I am saying I should avoid cleaning, and let my kids feed themselves cookies and chocolate out the cupboard.


Damn they are lucky I love them so much. I want to give them a nice tidy house to destroy, and at least attempt to teach them good nutritional food tastes good, sometimes. Well you should at least eat it.

Then Kaisey comes and leans on me and goes "ello mamaaaaa"

Damn its lucky they are so cute.

xx The Ramblings of Another Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment