Saturday 17 September 2011

Brain pain and anniversarys.

So fisherman and I celebrated our 3rd wedding annivarsary on Tuesday past, and had a lovely night out last night in honour of it. Went to our old beloved restaurant for dinner (where we had our 3rd date and our 1st wedding anniversary dinner, and probably every year from now on too, being that its a sentimental place for us) and went to a movie. My lovely hubby man bought me a pandora bracelet which he intends to slowly fill with charms over the years. He is also thinking of getting each charm engraved with that year so we can keep track. I love my fantabulous hubby!

The Help is a must see movie for everyone. It was touching, beautiful, funny, and very real. And it made me angrier than angry to think that it was set in the SIXTYS ...that racism lasted that long just makes my blood boil! That racism exists today makes my blood boil.

On a lighter note, BankyBoo and CheekyLala have been funny and clever lately. I never used to believe the parents saying "oh they make me teach them the letters, etc" but now I must shamefacedly eat my words, CheekyLala comes and climbs on my knee on a regular basis, with a pen and paper in hand, points to the paper and says "square" "A" "haut" (heart) and so on. And me having a mother that was also a teacher of 5 year olds and a reading recovery program creator (or something like that) is also saying A, ah ah ah, and so on. So now she sits there and says a, ah ah.

Little side note here, if your child is pushing these things at you, to help them when they reach school, teach them the lowercase letters first, and teach them the phonics (letter sounds) at the same time, "a is for apple" is great, but "a, ah ah, apple" is better. Also when teaching them letter sounds for letters with two sounds (G has a guh sound and a jeh sound) teach the hard sound. G gah gah gate, not G jeh jeh giraffe. Little bit of wisdom from my mother, to me, to you.

I feel quite bad that CheekyLala is getting all this one on one teaching from me, and BankyBoo is not, but BankyBoo will stand there for a minute and watch, then grab the pen to do her own drawing. BUT the surprising thing, when she does stop and join in, is that she knows it all. I believe in twinsense. CheekyLala is doing the learning, and BankyBoo is absorbing it in her own way. I hope. I really don't want one labelled as "the stupid twin" at school (I would not allow it, but I can see THEM doing it....if I'm not careful)

Of course, for some reason I woke up this morning with a headache, I am getting migranes back again, which is so annoying its not even funny. It starts out like this, slow dull aching and steadily worsens until I feel nauseas and my vision goes blurry, Theres no rhyme or reason for them, no pattern. Just ouchieness. Makes it hard to think and function, a sore brain is one of the few things I find hard to ignore.

Anyway, thats my little ramble for today.

xx The Ramblings of Another Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment