Wednesday 16 November 2011

Slacker!! with a blah day.

I feel like such a slacker when I look at other peoples blogs... I am not really all that consistent at this. I also write novquarteels most of the time and I am sure thats not all that appealing to most people, but never mind. It interests me and hopefully the odd other person out there gets value from it.

I have had a blah day.

It started late... I woke up at about quarter to seven to twins yelling in their cots and I thought "2 minutes please girls" and next thing I know its 8... they must have gone quiet cos I don't sleep through them. At least I hope I don't. Its kinda funny when people say "I don't sleep through things" Cos how would they know? They would have been asleep at the time - surely?

Although I am pretty sure I never sleep through the kids.

Anyway's so I get up, change them, feed them blah blah, just feeling really despondent... just blah, not in the mood for anything.

Feel like having a long cry.

The girls were grouchy. I dont know if thats cos I was or if they would have been anyways.

We went to the local library for rhyme time which is usually a highlight of the week but today they were little tantruming things and made me feel very embarrassed and I was rather glad when it was over.

Then we had to go to an appointment, and while we were there a couple of young guys had a rather loud and frightening fistfight outside the doors. During which a young woman got caught in the crossfire and knocked down, spilling everything from her bag all over the pavement.

And then we had to leave. I felt very small and frightened. I am not used to seeing fighting on the street. That is just not something that happens in the neighbourhood we live in. I was standing there with a toddler on each side thinking, I dont want to walk to my car. We are only small. If anything happens theres only me with these children.

As it happened, the fighting people had cleared off so we got to the car without incident.

Today is a thankful for good friends day. I got home to one of my closest friends waiting in my driveway and felt very blessed.

After a nice long gossip the afternoon was over, and it was time to get Rockchick from school.

I'm very grateful to my friend for taking my mind off my mood. And I will be grateful when my husband gets home. My husband is one of the few people on the planet that really understands these moods I get in and accepts me. And loves me anyway.

Mostly I will be grateful at bedtime. Goodnight world.

xx The Ramblings of Another Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment